We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Highways Operations Manager, responsible for Highways and Constructions related operations work within the Stockport Area. Paying a salary of £39,510 per annum with a great benefits package.
· Responsible of day to day running of a range of Highways and construction related operations within the Service; managing Team Leaders, Driver/Chargehands and operational staff; liaising with customers to ensure that the required standards of safety, satisfaction and service quality are achieved.
· Ensure all health, safety and welfare requirements and responsibilities within the post holder’s responsibility are met and to contribute to the management and supervision of health, safety and welfare across the entire Section and Company regarding Highway’s and drainage works.
· To actively monitor and ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies in health and safety, vehicle checks, defect reporting/rectification, sickness absence and discipline.
· To monitor service provision and quality as required and ensure that all Company policies with regard to sickness, absence and good conduct are implemented and adhered to.
· To deal with customer complaints in a professional manner and in line with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
· To investigate allegations of misconduct and where appropriate to take disciplinary action up to the level of written warning and to hear appeals against disciplinary action taken.
· To monitor expenditure against productivity and report on, to minimise wastage of materials and lost time and to check accounts monthly and highlight any anomalies
· To direct and supervise personnel to maximise performance and achieve planned objectives by setting work plans and targets, conducting appraisals and dealing with the preliminary and intermediate stages of performance management.
· To review, revise and innovate as necessary standard operating procedures to ensure they deliver the safest, most efficient and effective way of achieving the desired outcomes.
· To ensure that Service Level Agreements; contracts and financial targets are met and that the necessary resources are available to do this. Where necessary this will require the authorisation of expenditure up to the value of £25,000 in any single transaction.
· To ensure all reporting staff are properly supported, motivated, trained and equipped to fulfil the roles and responsibilities required of them.
· To contribute to the implementation, development and operation of performance management and Quality Management Systems and report on performance, as required.
· To attend and represent the Service on such internal and external bodies and partnerships as may be necessary and relevant to the post-holder’s remit.
· To contribute to the business planning process and to produce, monitor and report on such operational plans as are necessary to achieve the relevant objectives in the plan.
· Ensure that all tasks, customer enquiries, and applications within the post holder’s remit are completed and resolved in line with the appropriate policies and procedures and timescales within the Quality Management System and to report on the same, as required.
· Must have had operational managerial experience
· Highways Civil Engineering background
· Experience of staff management including handling hr issues and disciplinaries and advantage
About the Benefits:
· £39,510 per annum
· 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday, 45hour week
· Free Parking
· Excellent career progression and opportunity
· 5% Non-contributory pension.
· Generous Holiday allowance and benefits package
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to email@example.com
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.