A long established business within the manufacturing industry are looking to expand due to increased demand for work. They are keen to hire a Semi Skilled General Maintenance / Fitter to work from their depot in Manchester. The role would suit someone with previous experience of joinery, plumbing, spray painting and site works. The individual must be passionate to work and highly motivated, with the ability to work well from own initiative or as part of an established team. The position is a physically demanding role and requires a high level of speed and accuracy of work at all times. An immediate start is on offer to the right person, along with a permanent full time position after successful completion of a 13 week temporary period. You must have a full driver’s licence with (6 points or less) and be over 21 as they you will be required to use a company vehicle. CSCS card is required.
About The Role:
· Snagging and fixing of hire units
· Measuring and fixing of external fascia to hire units on site
· Fitting out and finishing hire units on site
· Fitting out and maintaining hire units in the depot
· Preparing units for painting
· Spray painting units
· Maintaining equipment provided
· Cleaning units
· Furniture repair
· Driving of company vehicles to deliver/collect from sites
· Fork lift use to move equipment/furniture
· 2nd Man on site
· Site repairs
Essential Skills & Experience
· Must have a full driver’s licence with (6 points or less) and be over 21 as they will be required to use a company vehicle. CSCS card is required and forklift certificate desirable but not essential
· You must have experience of joinery, plumbing, spray painting and site works and be a highly motivated individual who can work on own initiative or as part of an established team. The position is a physically demanding role and requires a high level of speed and accuracy of work at all times
· You must be literate and able to complete company forms
· The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who has worked within a similar role for a minimum of 1 year. It is essential that you can work on your own initiative or as part of an established, busy and friendly team; you will have good communication, attention to detail and customer service skills with the ability to work methodically and efficiently.
· The role is physically demanding as you will be standing for the majority of time whilst working
· Knowledge of the construction industry and previous experience within a similar environment are desirable but not essential
About The Benefits
· 20 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays and Christmas shut down
· Profit related pay scheme after 12 months’ continuous service
· Free Parking
· Located close to major motorway links
· This role is a temporary position initially, however a permanent role is available for the right person following a 13 week temporary period.
· Immediate start available
· Hours of work are 8.00am – 5.00pm Mon to Thurs and 8.00am – 4.00pm Fri
· Salary of up to £23,000pa
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven’t been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.