Do you know how to do import or export customs declarations? If the answer is yes, we are keen to hear from you!!
Brexit is coming and we are supporting a well-established global logistics business to recruit a new team of Customs Brokerage Clerks to support with the transition.
This business have a no redundancies policy and have gone from strength to strength in recent years and have stayed in a cash rich position throughout the pandemic and are proud of the fact they did not furlough any staff.
The business is passionate to fulfil its employees’ potential and invest in training annually to ensure development – a whopping 95% of managers / leaders within the business are home grown and worked their way up from an entry level role.
This is an amazing opportunity for ambitious and hardworking individuals to join a Top 5, award winning, logistics and freight forwarding company
About This Customs Clerk Role:
· Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow
· Understand all the elements of the import and export customs SOP and correctly interpret this information to fulfil customers’ instructions and expectations
· Accurate data entry into the CRM system
· Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration
· Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority
· Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during the clearing process
· Attend any customs inspections or present documents to customs authorities when such are requested
· Act as the liaison between the customs authorities and other government agencies and customers
· Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for shipments
· Contribute to maintain strong relationships with customs officers
· Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods
Essential Skills & Experience:
· Experience working ideally as a customs administrator / clearance clerk / customs clerk / customs brokerage clerk / import co-ordinator / export co-ordinator in past roles
· Previous experience within import or export freight or both, is essential
· Strong knowledge of customs brokerage process and system essential
· Good knowledge of customs legislation, especially with regards to classification, valuation, and origin
· Understanding of ocean, road, and air documentation process
· Good knowledge of Incoterms
· Hazardous Materials certification (preferred)
· Positive and willing to help attitude
· Pro-active, strong organizational skills
· Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Fluent in English
About The Benefits For This Customs Clerk Role:
· Based close to all major motorway links, close to The Trafford Centre
· 23 days holidays + stat
· £25,000pa – possible negotiation for strong previous customs experience
· 4 nights on, 4 nights off 6pm and 6am
· Amazing company pension, where the business will pay in up to 7%
· Ability to buy stocks/shares within the business at a reduced amount
· Private Healthcare
· No redundancy policy
· Yearly training leading to excellent progression routes within the company
· 95% of all current leaders / managers have been promoted through the business from grass roots
· Working for a Top 5, award winning, logistics and freight forwarding company
· Enthusiastic and sociable team
· Long term staff members with rewards for length of service
· Yearly Employee Appreciation Day and Christmas party
· Free Parking
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to email@example.com
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you have not been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.